A Rundown of Festivals and Special Events at Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park
Norfolk Festevents has the region’s social calendar booked for 2014, with 75 spectacular events confirmed in Town Point Park along the Elizabeth River!
Celebrate life daily with signature favorites including the 38th Annual Norfolk Harborfest®, the 25th Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival, the 27th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, the 32nd Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic and Fireworks, the 32nd Annual Norfolk Jazz Festival and the 26th Annual AT&T Virginia Children’s Festival.
Celebrating the East Coast’s premier waterfront festival in its 38th year, the award winning Norfolk Harborfest® will return June 6-8, 2014. This historic waterfront festival offers a weekend packed with exciting activities on land, in the air and on sea to include more than 200 ships and watercraft, tall ship tours and the Parade of Sail, the largest fireworks show on the East Coast, interactive and innovative family activities, close to 100 local, regional and national performances, unique markets and shopping, plus more than 50 outdoor festival chefs.
Mark your 2014 calendars with the following dates:
Town Point Park Signature Events:
• 38th Annual Norfolk Harborfest ®: June 6-8
• 25th Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival: June 20-22 (ticketed event)
• 32nd Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks, July 4
• 32nd Annual Norfolk Jazz Festival presented by the City of Norfolk: July 18-20 (ticketed event)
• 26th Annual AT&T Virginia Children’s Festival: October 4 (ticketed event)
“Savor the Flavor” Town Point Tasting Series
• 8th Annual AT&T Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival: May 3 & 4 (ticketed event)
• 13th Annual Virginia Beer Festival in partnership with Virginia Arts Festival: May 17 & 18 (ticketed event)
• 4th Annual AT&T Summer BrewFest: July 11
• AT&T Fresh Catch Friday: Every Friday in August
• 4th Annual AT&T Bubbles & Bluejeans: September 5
• 2nd Annual AT&T RibtoberFest: September 20
• 27th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival: October 18-19 (ticketed event)
“River Rhythms” Town Point Music Series
• 14th Annual AT&T Norfolk Latino Music Festival: August 16
• 3rd Annual ETC- Embrace The Culture of Norfolk’s Music & Arts Scene; September 13 (various venues throughout Norfolk, including Town Point Park)
Town Point Park Performing and Cultural Arts Series
• Midsummer Fantasy Festival; partnership with the Virginia Stage Company: July 26-28
• 6th Annual Opera in the Park in partnership with the Virginia Opera: September 6
• 9th Annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival: September 7
TowneBank Fountain Park Events (adjacent to Waterside Festival Marketplace and Waterside Marina):
• April 19 – September 30: TowneBank Fountain Park open for daily operation.
• AT&T Festevents Fridays Series: Select Fridays from May 2 – August 29
• AT&T Cinema Under the Stars Movie Series: Select Saturdays from July 5 – August 30
• AT&T Fountain Field Days: Every Wednesday from June 18 - August 27
Ocean View Beach Park
• Big Bands on the Bay: Sunday evenings from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
• Shore Thing Fireworks in partnership with Ocean View Beach Park Committee: July 4
• TGOV Beach Music Concert Series: Friday evenings in July and August
Tickets for all ticketed events are scheduled to go on sale Monday February 3rd at www.festevents.org.